St John Maximovitch Mission Center

Bishop Athanasius_edited.jpg
1647147090775_edited.jpg

Our 
Story

The Saint John Maximovitch Mission Center is our very first and newly established Orthodox Africa headquarters on the continent. The mission centre is located in the centre of Kampala and its primary function will be that of a monastery Church where the local Eastern Orthodox Christians can participate in the full liturgical cycle of the Church. In addition to being a Church, the mission centre will also have conference rooms for theological education and catechetical activity, rooms for hospitality and Orthodox Christian guests coming from international locations, and a trade school that will help the Orthodox Christian community in Kampala grow in self-sustainability which is the first and foremost mission of Orthodox Africa.

Let’s Work Together

Orthodox Africa

5874 Orchard Hill Court
Clifton, Virginia 20124

Tel: (706)-452-1262

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
Thanks for submitting!